Sunday, April 09, 2006

Vulcan

The Daily bLog
Saturdays. I love 'em...whether it's a meeting of the executive committee or board of ADK ro just a regular weekend Saturday, they renew and refresh and reinvigorate the spirit. Today was a meetingless day for ADK and I just kicked back a bit, working some on my motorcycles. I took Vulcan out of the stable for his first sping in the new season. It made me think of all the great rides he and I took last year. This will be another fun year for both of us, I'm sure.

I did have the opportunity to go to a support group meeting for myasthenics in Latham at 11am this morning and it was a real downer. The were about 15 very uninterested people sitting around a room listening to a woman drone in a monotone for half an hour, reading research clips she downloaded from the internet. All stuff I had read before and was useless information. I got up and walked out in disgust and will never return again. I have decided not to have anything to do with other myasthenics ever again. This is my own battle and I will do it in my own way. Life and hours are too precious to waste by speding them with people who have no vitality or enthusiasm for living well and hard.