Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sunday, March 5, 2006

West Branch, Housatonic River - Pittsfield, Massachusetts
c 2006 Curt Miller

This picture was taken about 100 yards from my house. Even though it's practically in my back yard, I forget that I'm living so close. It just reinforces my belief how important it is to pay attention to what's around you.

Winter Woods - Richmond, Massachusetts
c 2006 Curt Miller

The Daily bLog
A wonderful sunny Sunday. After a long night's sleep and a good breakfast, I met the challenge of a restful Sunday, dabbling in the sort of stuff I like to do: making pictures. I've got a replica of a 1924 Leica - the first production 35mm camera ever made - that I love to carry wherever I go. In spite of it's limitations (or because of them), I'm forced to really slow down with my picturemaking and concentrate on the process. I would liken it to a writer writing with a quill pen. The second picture on today's blog was made with that "old technology" camera. The resolution from the negative is equal to about 15 megapixels worth of digital camera!

As I've come to expect from my "day after prednisone" day, today brought some weakness to my arms and more difficulty than yesterday with eating. Nonetheless, I endured and dranks and drank - thinned soups, tomato juice and milkshakes. Lots of energy and vitamins, in spite of my difficulties.