Saturday, March 25, 2006

Harbingers of Spring, My House - Pittsfield, Massachusetts
c 2006 Curt Miller

The Daily bLog
Birds. Flowers. Sounds. Smells. Spring has come to the Berkshires. The morning dawned a beautiful early spring day. I went out and washed my car at the self-serve place, then back home to experiment with making black and white prints on artist's watercolor paper. I started to long for my motorcycles. One day, post-apheresis, is too soon to expect the strength to come back to my arms suffieciently to safely handle the bike, so I knew a ride would need to wait for another day. "Ride safe," as the saying goes.

Cesar - my photo-friend and mathematics professor at Williams College - called around noon to talk photography and my work with digital B&W printing. Well, one picture's worth a thousand words, so I packed up the car and went up to Williamstown. We spent a couple of hours pawing through pictures, making prints on his Epson and, as a finale, he played a Chopin piece he's been practicing on his gorgeous Italian upright piano. On my way back, I stopped to make pictures with my wonderful 1924 Leica replica...and developed the magnificent negatives it makes when I got home.