Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Power Station, Sheridan Avenue - Albany, New York
c 2006 Curt Miller

Picking Up Where I left Off

The Daily bLog
Savoring life.

When I woke up this morning, I knew something was different. I was 40+ hours post-plasmapheresis and didn't know what to expect at this point. I was pleasantly surprised. I was - and remained - throughout the day, totally energized and, except for some small residual problems with chewing, swallowing and speaking, I was virtually MG symptom-free. A blessing.

Adding to my feelings of elation over my new-found strength were my first-hand observation that this disease can be beat back down, though not cured, and my thorough delight in all the support the special people, co-workers and acquaintances have given me during this health crisis of many months.
Doubly blessed.

Today's picture is of a scene I've appreciated many times over the years, a couple of blocks from my office. Yes, my walking continued - even increased - from yesterday and I made this picture at lunchtime.