Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday, February 13, 2006

"What's It" - Albany, New York
c 2006 Curt Miller

The Daily bLog
You can find creative stimuli virtually anywhere. This morning I ran into my old boss, Burt, on his way for morning coffee. During our conversation, he asked me about what I was doing with photography lately. Later in the day, another co-worker, Tim, whom I met on my morning bus ride to the office - and also an avid photographer - told me about a website that discussed "Black Only" printing with photo printers, and the tremendous quality potential the technique holds.

Little discussions and tidbits like these have the potential to stimulate creative thought and can actually provide synergy to whatever energy we are using in our artistic journeys. These two disparate events did that for me today.

Because of my disease, darkroom work has proven to be quite difficult, so what I've started doing is to take my uncut rolls of black and white negatives that I've shot with my Leicas to Wal-Mart for printing and scanning to disc. A thirty-six exposure roll costs me about ten bucks. I then have prints and scans AND negatives - the best of all worlds. I am also shooting with a digicam in B&W and using those images for prints and online viewing. You can see examples from both on my blog gallery: http://curt-gallery.blogspot.com/.

My energy level remains high. While my muscles feel a bit weaker today than they did last week, I remain positive, believing this is a sign that my prednisone is kicking in and working to put down the nasty antibodies which serve to disconnect my brain from my muscles.

Oh, the picture above is of the bark of a monstrous tree outside my building and was made with my ever-ready little Elph digicam.