Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thursday, February 9, 2006

The View From My Window - Albany, New York
c 2006 Curt Miller

Ups and Downs

The Daily bLog

Today was one of the latter.

I love those crystal clear days in midwinter when the air is still and clear. The air refines all the senses and sharpens all objects. Such a day was today.

I get greedy. I was hoping (expecting) today to be even better for me than yesterday WRT my myasthenia gravis symptoms. That wasn't in the cards. My doctor said it was just a blip, to be expected. My mouth didn't work well at all, though the rest of my body maintained strength. I persisted, and will continue to persist. I realized what an elite group I'm in when it hit home that there are only 100,000 myasthenics in the WORLD! [That's about 1 person in every 600,000.] Thank God for the other 6.2 billion who don't.

Tomorrow is opportunity.

PS - that ribbon of water in the background of today's picture is the mighty Hudson.