Friday, August 11, 2006

Pegasus II

The problem with BMW motorcycles is that once you've ridden one you don't want to ride anything else. They are so smooth, so refined and well finished that competiton fades by comparison.

Meet Pegasus II ("winged Horse" from Greek mythology), a 1998 BMW K1200RS. His name suits him well. His longitudinally mounted in-line four cylinder engine produces 130 horsepower and 86 foot-pounds of torque at 6750RPM (and 65 foot-pounds at 4500!). With a top speed of over 150 mph, 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds, Pegasus MOVES! I picked him up this afternoon, trading in my Vulcan for him. No regrets, either. Vulcan was my first ride. As everyone knows, you accept that you will move on from your starter bike, there's just no getting around it. The cruiser, with it's upright "Harley" seating position just doesn't suit my long-distance riding (or my spine and butt).

Riding this motorcycle is an awsome experience.