Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pegasus and the balloon - Hyabusa burner meets tortoise
Lebanon Valley, NY

I guess I'm getting old. I've really come to like some of the the finest things in life: music, photography, cities, German cameras, Swiss watches, and now, powerful motorcycles.

I didn't set out to buy a fast bike when I bought Pegasus. On the contrary, I just wanted a stable, long-distance, long-legged miles-burner for highway use. Well, I did get that, but I also got an extremely fast, gorgeously built bike as part of the package. If Leica or Rollei (my favorite cameras) made motorcycles, this would be it. Kids on their 600cc Ninja-type sport bikes pay homage to Pegasus when they see him, knowing full well the sedate-looking, teutonic torpedo can dust their noisy little rice burners.

Respect. Hard to come by.