Monday, July 31, 2006

It just doesn't get any better

I slept long and deeply last night as the cool mountain air grazed over my body in my room at the Adirondack Loj. Adirondack Mountain Club and the 46r's were honored last night at a special concert of the Lake Placid Sinfonietta, a small but professional and splendid ensemble. The works included mountain music by Grieg, Copland, Mussorgsky and Haydn. I was asked to come on stage after intermision to describe who ADK is and what we do. I introduced the few dozen members sitting in the audience as well. It was a wonderful evening with great music and great company. It was also the first time in one-and-one-half years that I was able to speak more than a few words in front of an audience. I actually did pretty well, in fact. MG is getting better.

After the weekend and good sleep, I just couldn't pull myself away from the Loj too quickly, just to get back to the grind so I decided to take my time and linger.