Friday, November 24, 2006

Big deal!? You bet. Last Thanksgiving, I was so weak I wasn't able to walk more than fifty yards without needing to stop to hold my head up with my hands because my neck was so weak it couldn't support my head. I had periods of double vision and couldn't chew or swallow. I had lost about 30 pounds and lived on milkshakes.

This Thanksgiving, I was able to do all my yard work, clean up my garage, level the dirt floor and lay down plywood for a real floor. Yeah, it's a big deal, and I want to thank the likes of George Bush and Rush Limbaugh - undoubtedly two of the greatest minds of the 21st Century - for their compassion and vision in their support for the type of medical research responsible for the minor miracle that has given me another chance: stem cell research. From now on, my medical consultant, Mr. Limbaugh, will help me adjust and time the doses of medicine that help me live so well. Michael J. Fox and I take our hats off to you, Rush!