Saturday, June 17, 2006

Multimedia message


Forever tinkering with windshields. Orion's latest.


I have paid my tuition over the past year to learn how to make a motorcycle long-distance travel-worthy. The biggest gain to comfort can be made by improving the airflow around and over the rider. Nothing works better than a large windscreen, carefully sized, placed and angled. With modifications to a discarded screen from an old GoldWing, I was able to create the ultimate protection for long-distance riding on my new bike.

Over the past week, my myasthenic symptoms have dramatically abated, to the point where I'm now able to eat hamburgers. A midweek fall on my ribs has been a minor setback to my recovery, but even the pain from the event is subsiding and I'm moving around much better now.